Deciding to go Pro and become a PADI Divemaster is a fantastic decision to make, and the next step is deciding what kind of Divemaster training you are looking for. The training you receive will vary greatly depending on the location and size of the dive operation offering the course. This page will give you all the info on what we offer you at Nomad Divers to prepare you for life as a PADI professional!
Summary of what is included:
- PADI Divemaster course materials
- All training dives & tuition
- Unlimited free diving with regular guests
- Extra mini-courses & classroom sessions (see linked pages for more details):
- Compressed air handling
- Basic engine care and maintenance
- Scuba equipment anatomy & care
- Local marine life interests
- Professional reference for your CV
- PRICE: 14,000,000IDR
- LENGTH: 4 TO 10 WEEKS (RECOMMENDED 6 WEEKS)
What is not included:
- Accommodation (due to the variable length of the course) – special Divemaster Trainee rates apply if you stay for four weeks or more
- Application and certification fees
- Dive equipment. As a prospective dive professional now is the best time to build up your own equipment. We are stockists for TUSA dive equipment and have special Divemaster Trainee scuba packages exclusively available to our students
- Extra Specialty courses. Add Specialty courses to your internship for best rates and to improve your prospects as a working Divemaster.
Why do a Divemaster internship at Nomad Divers?
Every year there are many thousands of new Divemasters qualified around the world; the best chance of getting a job with a dive operation after qualification is to have a great CV backed up with plenty of hands on experience. Therefore we offer Divemaster training in the internship format so that you can:
- Take your time, get plenty of instructor time and nail the performance requirements rather than just aim to pass
- Do plenty of diving! As a Divemaster Trainee you gain experience through joining the normal guest diving schedule in an assisting capacity where you will help prepare equipment, give boat and dive briefings, learn our amazing variety of dive sites and guide customers on dives. All this under the watchful eye of your instructor with the aim of polishing these key Divemaster skills and gaining experience for your CV.
- Benefit from a small dive resort by learning about and getting involved in all aspects of dive operations. Be a big cog in a small machine rather than getting lost in a big resort with many other Divemaster Trainees.
- Learn valuable extra skills at no extra cost! We have added a few of our own Divemaster-specific mini training sessions and classroom lessons which we know will make you more employable. Get insight so that when you go to find a job and are asked if you know anything about “X” you can say “Yes!”.
What will you learn?
Learn how to organise, coordinate and direct diving operations from equipment allocation and fitting, through to dive site planning, briefing divers, helping them to improve their skills and showing them amazing underwater wonders as a dive leader. The PADI performance requirements include learning how to conduct Discover Scuba Dive and other Divemaster conducted programmes like Discover Local Diving as well as conducting ReActivate sessions to refresh lapsed divers’ skills.
In addition to these hard skills you will also hopefully acquire and improve your soft skills in communication, organisation and planning. Our comparatively remote location dictate that everything we do requires careful planning and safety-conscious execution and really adds an extra dimension to normal Divemaster development.
Want to know more?
Contact us today to ask us anything about Divemaster internships and how we can help you become the best you can be!